Friday, September 05, 2008

Humpback Mountain

Last night I set out for the summit of Humpback Mountain, off of I-90 at exit 47. I was joining of group of hikers for the weekly Thursday night summit dash. This is a rarely hiked peak that includs a mossy trail through old growth forest that makesa direct route up a ridge line (no switch backs). Route finding was not an issue, and the sunset at the top was spectacular. I even witnessed a distant rescue going on at Granite Mountain (just north of us) where a helicopter was airlifting a hiker who apparently broke his leg (I'm glad that was all it was). The only bummer was that my camera was missing its memory card, so although I carried a camera and took photos, I have none of my own to show. These photos were taken by another member of the group. http://www.flickr.com/photos/atmyapple/sets/72157607126139976/







No comments: