Monday, December 01, 2008

Silver Peak - Is this really December?











This morning I was craving the mountains after spending two weeks in the Philippines. Silver Peak seemed like a good destination – another “new summit” for me to add to my list for 2008. It seemed like a nice day but they said it was going to rain after 10 a.m.

I’m glad I didn’t wear my gators and I’m glad I left the snowshoes in my car! Today was a fall day, for sure – with a warm southerly wind (though it was pretty strong at the top), and a dry mountain – all the way up to the summit! (5605 feet) I couldn’t believe it – even with a forecast for rain – today was a December day unlike any I have had before at these heights! No one is going skiing at Snoqualmie anytime soon. I didn’t see anyone else on the trail. I enjoyed the cross country aspect of going from Lake Annette trail to the summit.

The scree was miserable but the summit ridge really surprised me. It was longer and much nicer than I expected.

9 miles…3800 feet of elevation gain. Left at 9 a.m. and was back at my car at 2 p.m. Found 4 geocaches along the way.
You can see all my photos on my Flickr account.

No comments: