Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful for the adventure & the unwritten story

We have a full house this Thanksgiving.
18 people will be having dinner with us.
Some are relatives and most are friends.
I'm really excited about today. I love Thanksgiving!

Still, it's a bummer to be missing Alicia today. She is at college in Southern California and will spend the holiday with the Fairfield's in Santa Maria. They have been friends of ours since Alicia was just 1 year old.
Also, we will be missing Heidi's mom, Linda, who passed away less then a year ago. Although we will have lots of company you cannot help but miss your missing relatives (at least you can't help but miss most of them).

It's pouring down rain here. I've heard it all night long. I was hoping for good weather for the "Turkey Trot" I've organized for Greenlake at 8:30 a.m.
I don't think we're going to avoid the rain. It should be a fun time with a mix of walkers, joggers, and even a few serious runners. I'll post pictures later.

I am thankful for the little things.
I am thankful for God's grace and presence in my life. He calls me a son and a leader and I can't really figure that out -- I just have to accept it.
I am thankful for my wife. She is absolutely amazing.
I am thankful for my kids - they have become an example to me of what it looks like to love and serve God. BTW - Levi got his driver's license yesterday!
I am thankful for unbelievably caring and supportive friends.
I am thankful for health - something that must not be taken for granted.
I am thankful for the adventure of life - it is exciting, unwritten and includes promise for the future.

No comments: