Sunday, May 30, 2010

First Family, Now Convention

Heidi and I just had a delightful couple of days with my parents, my brother, my sister in law and my neice in nephew in Minnesota on our way to Atlanta for Foursquare Connect 2010. 

We spent most of our time enjoying the SUN and catching lots of fish.  I believe Heidi had the biggest bass of the trip.  We also caught a large number of pan fish which made for a wonderful dinner.  My brother and his wife just bought a house on a lake which they are fixing and up and will be moving into about a month from now.  This also was Heidi's first visit to my parent's home since they moved there in October of 2008.  We have been praying hard for my cousin Eric who is in ICU in Eugene, Oregon after experiencing some kind of toxic shock (sudden) which has put his life in very grave danger.  He is married and has a couple of young children.  It has been a while since I have seen him but we grew up together and our family is relatively close. 

Tomorrow Heidi and I are flying out to Atlanta for our denominational convention.  It is a reunion of sorts for us and we look forward to going every year.  The denomination will be electing a new president so that adds to the significance of the business at hand for this convention. 

I miss Eureka -- especially the church.  It was strange being away from them last night and today.  I will look forward to being with them this coming weekend.  We get back from Convention on Friday. 

No comments: