Friday, November 12, 2010

Manila Report

It is 5 a.m. and I am wide awake so it is a good time to catch up on my blog while I have some quiet time.  Yesterday I met with the staff of Children of Hope and we discussed the project, the preschools, the evangelistic results that they are seeing and the growth of the partnering churches.  This project is the catalyst for tremendous church growth.  The leaders are outstanding and are deeply committed to the work.  We are making ongoing decisions to make the project self-supporting.

Last night, former project director and long-time project partner, Mars and Nellie Rodriguez, celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary with their family.  I didn't expect to be here for this occasion - it just happened to be taking place during my visit -- Heidi and I have many fond memories of ministry with this special couple.  During the past year their latest project is the establishment of an orphanage. 
It was a very special occasion and was presided over by Dr. Jun Ferrez, the former President of Foursquare Philippines (who did their wedding 25 yrs ago).  Here in the Philippines these events are very important and more formal than what we are used to.  It was nearly identical to a wedding.  Val and Sally Chaves (President of Foursquare Philippines) were there, along with the district supervisors and many of the local pastors and project supporters.  This event gave me the opportunity to make connections with many of our key leaders.

Bryant & Patty Sabandal - Foursquare Missionaries & my hosts.

Pastor Val Chavez - President of Foursquare Philippines

The Rodriguez Family

Bags of Joy Assembly

Missionaries Bryant and Patty Sabandal's home is filled with the materials that will make up for next week's "Bags of Joy" deliveries to the 1200+ children who attend the schools that we have started around Metro Manila.  The Bags of Joy team arrives the day I return home. 

I will make another update tomorrow.  Thank-you for your prayers!

No comments: