Monday, January 17, 2011

Miscellaneous

Heroes…matt and heidi_00000

Had fun appreciating the regular volunteers of Faith Center on Friday night.  I found it to be interesting that our Super Hero photo had more comments on it than any other post I have made on Facebook.  I guess people like Superman, but the real heroes of the church are the amazing volunteers who serve faithfully under the leadership of JESUS – the consummate Hero, Lord & King. 

A “crappy” morning run…

Dare I admit how bad my morning run was?  Not only was it raining, but it started out poorly and got worse.  I took our dog, Pastor Jack.  He had to do his dog business on the sidewalk & I was prepared…too bad my “doggie bag” had a massive hole in it, which I overlooked and ended up with a disgusting situation on my hands.  Thankfully the rain provided me with an abundance of fresh puddles for hand washing.  But then, to add insult to injury, a seagull proceeded to COVER me – destroying my face, hair and shoulder with one major bombing.  Horrified, traumatize, embarrassed and a bit ticked off, I ended my run quickly, ran for the shower, jokingly asking the question: Why God do you hate me? (of course I can’t blame God for this one – it was the evil sea gull’s fault!  God loves me & surely felt my pain!). 

One Year Bible…

Today is day 14 in my One Year Bible Journey.  I am enjoying it and love the YouVersion format.  Reading the 2010 NIV.  It is easier to keep up than I expected. 

Breakfast burritos…

I could eat breakfast burritos every morning…and I practically do.  For some reason they never get old to me. 

Lucky Lady…

I am married to a lucky lady.  She is going to Hawaii with her good friend Roberta today.  Sun is good for the soul.  I am quite jealous, but Jack & I will survive.  When my wife is gone I work more and work out more.  She’ll be in Maui and I can’t wait to see the pics and live vicariously through her. 

Media Madness…

Had fun listening (briefly) to our radio broadcast yesterday on KVIP.  Sounded really good!  Next week our radio program (Vantage Point) will also start being  broadcast on a national network – KTLW.  It is exciting (and free for us)!  Plus, the first week of February, we will be on Humboldt Public Access cable on Sunday mornings.  We now have full access to their amazing studio, software, cameras, etc.  It is an AMAZING resource!

Haiti II…

I’m excited that we have a GREAT team of men and women, young & old, going back to Haiti to finish the construction on Faith Orphanage.  Counting down the weeks.  We go the first week of March. 

Israel…

Praying we’ll get a good response to the tour that we’re planning to lead at the end of the summer.

Life is always an adventure! 

No comments: