Saturday, September 17, 2011

When a tweet is inadequate

As I prepare for the day I typically try to post a tweet or Facebook update, but sometimes they are just too limiting -- so today I blog!

I just read in 2 Corinthians 5 that we live by faith and not by sight -- and we have two "homes" -- one here and one in heaven.  I'll try to live with that reality in mind today.


Yesterday I had a GREAT time taking Jerry Cook (http://www.jerrycook.org/) fly fishing for half pounders on the Klamath River.  It is one of the most beautiful rivers you'll ever see.  We had Roger Barnhart (from Faith Center) as our guide and used a jet boat to travel a large portion of the river.  It was awesome!  These guys just don't know when to stop fishing.  We left before light and got home after dark. 

I'm excited to have Jerrry with us at Faith Center this weekend.  He is a great mentor, and an extraordinary teacher.

Headed for Israel on Tuesday morning!!  We have 25 from Eureka going and we are joining up with a Foursquare Church from Huntington Beach as we meet with Elias Malki in the Holy Land.  I can't wait!  We also have a seven hour layover in Paris and we will take taxis to the Eiffle Tower!  Pray for us for safety and blessing as we go.  I pray that every person on the trip would have a life changing experience. 

Today is a stunningly beautiful day here on the coast -- about to go run on the beach! Pack for Israel, hand out with Jerry, do some message prep, etc. -- It will be a good day. 

When we get back from Israel we have our Men's Retreat!  We have about 65 guys going and our speaker is one of my best friends: Steve Mickel.  It is going to be awesome.  We even have a rafting trip included in our schedule. 

As a pastor, I'm praying for the church at all times -- in the post I have written about the fun, but the challenges are numerous and the tasks are more than one person can handle -- so we depend on the Lord and we work together to accomplish His mission. 

No comments: