Thursday, January 24, 2013

More than a Facebook post

Often I would like to share more of my life than Twitter allows.  I struggle to know what to say or how to say it...this blog gives me more space  - should use it more often!

Last night, we had a great time of ministry at Faith Center with our Holy Spirit class.  The format was simple and the ministry time was very powerful.  I was surprised at the number of people who showed up who had received little or no teaching on the ministry of the Holy Spirit ("This is all new to me!").  It was exciting, refreshing, moving and powerful. I will never stop teaching on the Holy Spirit and praying for people to receive the baptism in the Holy Spirit.  Pentecost isn't meant to be an optional add on for a few special people.  It is one of the major things Jesus came to do for us, in order to fulfill His plan of restored fellowship between God and humankind.  

During the ministry both my wife and I missed calls from our son, who moved to Uganda one week ago today!  We were bummed but thankful that he is having a GREAT time, doing well, and he left a voice mail message for us.  They do not have phones or power where he is staying (just a little bit of solar power).  I hope I catch him next time he has a chance to call. 

After the time at Faith Center last night we had a nice dinner with friends at Shamus.  

Thank you for praying for our son as he serves in Uganda.  Here is the ministry website: http://www.ahi-ug.org/


No comments: