Thursday, March 11, 2010

Pray for Thailand – Headed there on Sunday

On Sunday I am headed for Bangkok to do some work with Foursquare missionaries Gary and Paula Hays. I am excited to participate in one of their KidsQuest outreaches that they will be conducting.

Just this morning I received this email to be praying for them:

To our friends,family and prayer partners: GaryandPaula

Many of you are aware of the political unrest in Thailand over the past several years. Along with the unsettled government situations, Thailand has experienced massive rallies and protests, some that have become dangerous in terms of lives lost. Due to the sensitive nature of emails in this country, I suggest you turn to the English newspaper, the Bangkok Post at www.bangkokpost.com for details.

An estimated 100,000 people will be arriving in Bangkok for 'rallies' beginning on Friday of this week. Other rallies will be held in various parts of the country. The protesters have a political agenda and will likely be met with some resistance. We pray it will be peaceful. However, there is great tension in the air and I ask for your prayers as well...not so much for Paula and me (We'll stay out of harm's way), but for God to intercede in the beautiful nation of Thailand and bring peace over the next several days.

I appreciate your prayers as I look forward to being there at this time.

Matt

No comments: