Thursday, March 11, 2010

Tagaytay

We just arrived at the conference center near the Taal volcano in the town of Tagaytay. It is considerably cooler here then it was in Manila, which is important since it has been extremely hot lately, and our housing is in modified shipping containers (no joke – they are actually quite nice. I wanted to upload a photo, but I left my camera in my room). There are about 100 leaders here from the Children of Hope project.

We are having our opening session tonight and I will be speaking. I am praying that it will encouraging and inspiring. These leaders work very hard in some of the most difficult circumstances imaginable.

This is the first time that Harlan and Cheryl Harris have travelled to the Philippines. Tomorrow they will be doing quite a bit of teaching. I am excited to see how God is going to use them!

Our biggest challenge tomorrow may be during the Philippine cultural night where all of us who are on the staff of the Children of Hope are supposed to do a presentation of traditional Philippine dance (Tinikling). You can just imagine how excited I am about this.

It is great serving these leaders! These churches are thriving and growing – with a remarkable number of people coming to Christ. Pray that God would use this time to renew and impart courageous vision in their hearts!

No comments: