Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Plowing Fertile Ground

I feel like I'm plowing through fertile ground here but plowing is a lot of work!  It is enjoyable work as well. 

Highlights of the last few days include the following:

  • Great times of prayer with prayer groups and individual in the church
  • Eureka Rescue Mission with a wonderful small group from Faith Center & lots of hungry & hurting people
  • Excellent planning with the Faith Center staff (working on our website, upcoming services and long term planning).
  • Meetings with key leaders
Looking forward to the following (next week):
  • Ugandan Orphans' Choir & Communion
  • Heidi arrives (this is a major plus for me!!)
  • Meeting on Saturday with Ed Silvoso and some local pastors (Ed Silvoso is world renown Christian leader, particularly known for his influence in prayer movements) 
  • National Day of Prayer (Thursday) (Our church will be having a prayer gathering)
  • Lots of speaking engagments next week including, Young Adults (Sunday), Celebrate Recovery (Monday), a big memorial service here on Wednesday (a very tragic loss to our church), and the Faith Center Men's Dinner (Friday)
Through this cultural immersion I am deepening my connection with this church and this community.  I am already bumping into people from the church everywhere I go (most noticably at the gym).  I am feeling increasingly at home.  At feel extremely welcome here.  I also believe God is at work in way that goes way beyond my perspective, and that is EXCITING.

Here is my personal invitation to the men's gathering on Friday night (May 7, 6:30 p.m.), catered by Teen Challenge. 

No comments: